Requirements for Domestic and Regional Travel during Covid19 More Details
Travel Utilizing 4Z/749 Ticket Stock
Airlink has extended and updated its Covid-19 Policy to assist our valued clients in navigating this difficult time.
- Passengers with tickets commencing travel on/before 30 June 2022 will be permitted one free date change, subject to the same ticketed booking class being available. The free date change must fall within the ticket validity which has been extended to two years from the original date of issue. This is applicable to both regional and domestic tickets.
- Any difference in fare and taxes must be collected but the rebooking fee will be waivered.
- The Waiver authority must be endorsed on the new ticket and in the booking: WF20.4Z.10028 – PEN WAIVER DUE TO COVID19 (for use by all IATA agents when reissuing tickets).
- For any date changes requested on sectors booked to travel on/after 01 July 2022, standard fare rules and change fees will apply.
- Airlink’s no-show policy will apply if bookings are not cancelled more than one hour prior to departure i.e. the applicable sectors will be forfeited.
- If an Airlink flight forms part of an itinerary issued on another Airline’s ticket stock, please refer to and abide by that Airlines respective policy.
- These rules apply to all Airlink tickets – published fares, net fares, group fares and deposits but excludes tickets that have already utilized their free change authorized in Version 1, 2 or 3.
- Waivers will not be given for flight cancellations.
- All refund requests will be processed as per fare rules.
- Refund requests made on tickets that were reissued from SAA/083 ticket stock will incur a 13% interline service charge on the fare and YQ, in addition to any other applicable penalties as per fare rules.
- Any schedule changes/cancellation of flights from 11 March 2020 (the day the World Health Organisation declared COVID-19 a global pandemic) are considered force majeure and standard refund rules apply. This will remain in place until further notice.
- Please note that due to the high volume of refund requests, refunds may take up to 4 months to process.
- Airlink will permit name changes (either due to incorrect spelling or a replacement name) effective 1 December 2021 at a reduced rate of ZAR690 inclusive of VAT in South Africa, within the same booking class. Please note that the value of the admin fee will differ depending on the country in which the name change is initiated. These name changes can only be processed through Airlink directly. Any difference in fare and/or taxes must be collected. Children and Infant discounts apply.
- Please note that name changes will only be permitted on wholly unutilized 749 issued tickets.
- The second alternative to an incorrectly spelt name or full name change is the purchase of a new ticket in the same class of travel as the old ticket. The old ticket will be sent in for a refund, less the administrative fee of ZAR506.00 inclusive of VAT. Please note that the value of the admin fee will differ depending on the country in which the refund is initiated.
- If you need to make use of this service, please contact +27 11 451 7300 or Email: [email protected]
|Original Date of Issue||Prior to 30 June 2022|
|Original Travel Date||Prior to 30 June 2022|
|Itinerary||Valid on 4Z flight numbers on 749 ticket stock only|
|Permitted travel dates||Free date change permitted on tickets issued for travel prior to 30 June 2022,within ticket validity|
|Free date change Re-issue||On / before 30 June 2022|
|Ticket Validity||All travel must be completed within two years of original date of issue.|
|Penalty waiver authority||WF20.4Z.10028 - PEN WAIVER DUE TO COVID19|
|Refund/Rerouting||As per fare rules.|
- Airlink’s updated Covid-19 memo supersedes specific elements within Airlink’s Conditions of Carriage as well as Airlink’s refund policy until such time as the World Health Organization (WHO) declares the pandemic over.
- The onus is on the passenger to check specific health and travel requirements for your destination, including transit countries, and travel with the correct documentation accordingly.