Airlink tickets issued on 749 ticket stock from/on 01 August 2022 will have a 1 year ticket validity. More Details
About Airlink - 30 Years of Operations
Airlink is a privately-owned, premium, full-service regional airline serving a comprehensive network of destinations throughout Southern Africa. We’re operating independently under our own unique 4Z flight code offering our customers more choices, more connectivity, and more travel opportunities.
Airlink is Southern Africa’s largest independent airline measured by flight movements with over 50 commercial jetliners operating to more than 45 destinations in 13 African countries and to St Helena Island.
We are proudly the most punctual Southern African airline with an on-time performance consistently better than 95%. Airlink is proudly associated with many of the largest international airlines globally, including Emirates, Qatar and United Airlines, through interline and codeshare agreements that offer international travellers more choice and connectivity on the widest network of destinations throughout Southern Africa.
Airlink is a member of IATA - The International Air Transport Association and is IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit program) accredited. IATA is the trade association for airlines across the globe. IATA supports many areas of aviation activity and help formulate industry policy on critical aviation issues. IATA assists airlines to operate safely, securely, efficiently, and economically under clearly defined rules. Airlink is IOSA conformant and have been since 2006.
Standing the test of time.Read More
Why a Sunbird
View our new Livery and why we chose a Sunbird.Read More
View our Airlink E-Brochure.Read More
- We are committed to the optimisation of regional air transportation by providing exceptional quality service to all our passengers.
- We are committed to providing seamless interline connections with our partner flights around the world, in particular, linking smaller communities to the major hubs of commerce and industry.
- Punctuality is our most important service delivery criteria.
- To realise our vision of an extensive network spanning many regional capitals, smaller communities and major cities, we will work together with our alliance partners.
- We are driven by the needs and feelings of our passengers and will keep on refining our service to their satisfaction.
- We will set benchmarks in safety, on-time performance and reliability through professionalism and enhanced productivity.
- We never lose sight of the importance of our profitability and will do what needs to be done to optimise viability and create wealth for all our stakeholders.
- We are determined to remain South Africa´s leading Regional Feeder Airline. We aspire to being a role model to the industry.
- Privately owned.
- More than 55 routes.
- More then 50 aircraft in the fleet, ability to swop aircraft in the event of a delay.
- Airlink will never cancel a flight.
- Complimentary onboard catering including choice of beverages.
- 20kg free check in baggage allowance for Economy Class.
- 30kg free check in baggage allowance for Business Class.
- 15kg of additional free sporting equipment at no extra cost.
- Choice of window or aisle seat, no middle seat.
- More than 1.9m customers per year.
- 60 000 scheduled flight per annum.
- Level 5 BBBEE.
- Punctuality consistently at 95%.
- Widest network and choice of flights.
- Financially independent and not reliant on State Subvention for subsistence.
- Consistently and responsibly profitable during its 30 years of operations.
- Intra-continental styled business class on select routes and flights.
- Member of IATA (International Air Transportation Association) and IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit programme) accredited.
- 400 aircraft engineers and maintenance specialists.
- Largest fleet of commercial jet airliners in southern Africa.
- 430 Airlink flight deck and cabin crew, of whom 204 are female.
- We are privately owned, financially independent and not reliant on State Subvention for subsistence. This includes our 350,000 previously disadvantaged families from the Sishen, Sishen South and Thabazimbi areas.
- We have been consistently and responsibly profitable during 30 years of operations.
- We are the largest regional airline in our sub region, operating an extensive network, connecting South African cities and towns to countries including Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, eSwatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Madagascar, Namibia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe as well as to the remote island of St Helena in the South Atlantic.
- With the widest network and choice of flights, and the largest fleet of over 50 commercial jet airliners in Southern Africa, our customers also enjoy intra-continental styled business class on our E-jets, operating select routes and flights.
- We have a fleet of more than 50 aircraft, 80% of which are regional jet airliners. Having this amount of aircraft means that we are able to swap aircraft to recover schedule in the event of a delay. Our fleet of aircraft are supported and maintained by a dedicated team of 400 aircraft engineers and specialists located at various key nodes within South Africa including 3 hangar complexes at OR Tambo International airport.
- Airlink flights are rarely late and never cancelled. We understand that our customer’s most important criteria for choosing Airlink over other operators is punctuality. Airlink is consistently ranked as one of the two top airlines for on-time operation in South Africa’s skies. We know that to cancel a flight without there being very sound reasons, outside of the airline’s direct control to do so, is extremely distressing to our customers because of the disruption it causes to their travel plans.
- We employ a team of 430 flight deck and cabin crew, of whom 204 are female. They are trained in our own state-of-the-art Flight Training Centre located in Bonaero Park, Johannesburg.
- The complex includes 3 aircraft simulators, cabin trainers and other procedural aids and classrooms providing the opportunity for comprehensive training from early ab initio crews starting their careers in flying to bi-annual recurrent/refresher training as well as type training as a part of career progression.
- We are a member of IATA (International Air Transport Association) and is IOSA (IATA Operational Safety Audit program).
- accredited. We are IOSA conformant and have been since 2006.