LATEST TRAVEL NEWS AND UPDATES
Flights to Madagascar Resume
The resumption of flights linking Johannesburg with Antananarivo follows the lifting of Madagascar’s COVID-19 travel restrictions and its subsequent ban on air services to and from South Africa.
Departing South Africa
Travellers departing South Africa to a regional destination are required to confirm the regulations with the relevant authorities prior to departure.
Airlink has extended and updated its Covid-19 Policy to assist our valued clients in navigating this difficult time.
Travel Doctor Network
Travel Doctor Network is a resource and information network providing accurate and up-to-date travel health information for travellers.
View regulations by destination on the route map.
E-Jet Management System & Cabin Air Quality
Our aircraft are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air filters, like those used in hospital operating theatres, which are effective at blocking 99.97% of particulates, including Coronavirus molecules.
Embraer ERJ Regional Jets Cabin Quality
Cabin air quality and Covid-19 outbreak.
Health & Safety Protocols
Safety and well-being – yours and ours – remain our primary concern. We have introduced additional hygiene protocols in accordance with the Covid-19 guidance.
Whilst we take care of keeping our aircraft clean and safe, you can help us keep them that way with good personal hygiene and social distancing practices throughout your journey, from the moment you leave home, to when you disembark at your destination.
Because it is crucial that we maintain social distancing and minimize the opportunities for physical contact, boarding will be done differently to how it was done before.
- Boarding will be organised sequentially. The same process will be used for all flights, whether it requires walking across the tarmac, using a jet-bridge or getting on a bus, to reach the aircraft.
- Passengers will be required to scan their own boarding pass at security check points and at the boarding gate.
- You are welcome to bring your own hand sanitisers, please don’t wipe any of the seat, tray-tables or surrounding aircraft surfaces with your hand sanitizer as they may cause damage.
- Cabin crew will have hand sanitizer wipes available should you wish to wipe your seating area.
- Liquid and gel security restrictions still apply, so please limit your containers of 70% alcohol- based hand sanitisers to 100ml. Security officials will confiscate any bottles that exceed the limitations.
Some flights may require passengers to board busses which transfer them from the boarding gate to the aircraft, or from the aircraft to the arrival’s terminal. For your peace of mind, the Health regulations require that busses are cleaned and disinfected after every trip.
- This includes all surfaces and touch points you are likely to touch, such as doors, hand-grabs, Hand-rails and seats.
The cabin air in our aircraft is renewed every three minutes and kept clean by passing it through High Efficiency Particle Air (HEPA) filters, similar to those used in hospital operating theatres. They are proven to block 99,97% of all microscopic particles, including Coronavirus molecules. In addition, our aircraft are cleaned and sanitised to the highest aviation health and safety standards.
- This includes all touchpoints such as seats, safety-belts, head-rests, seat-pockets, overhead baggage bins, the air-vent/reading light/call button consols, tray-tables, windows and shutters.
- We also replace the headrest covers on every seat prior to the flight.
- If you require any assistance, reassurance or you are not feeling well, please speak to one of our flight attendants.
From your side – it’s simple:
- Frequently wash your hands with water and soap or use a suitable sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose, eyes and other people.
Requirements for travel within South Africa (Domestic).
- Original South African ID, driver’s license or passport
- Certified copies of the South African Identity Document and Driver's licences may be accepted for Domestic travel. A certified copy is only valid for three (3) months from date of issue.
- Children under 16 (original or certified copy of birth certificate)
Traveller Health Questionnaire - Regional Customers
We are asked to make sure our regional customers complete the relevant Traveller Health Questionnaire. Be sure to bring the completed form with you as you will be asked to present it by Port Health before you enter the terminal building.
SACAA Compliance for Air Transportation in South Africa
The South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) is mandated to monitor and ensure compliance by Airlines, Airports and Passengers with the applicable industry regulations, directions and guidelines issued by the Minister of Transport in order to prevent and control the spread of COVID-19 throughout the air transportation value chain.
Download the FlyAirlink app
Download the app to conveniently plan, book and manage your flights on your mobile device from anywhere, any-time.
Ranked as South Africa's Most Punctual Airline.