HAND AND CABIN BAGGAGE
In addition to the checked baggage allowance, each passenger may carry without additional charges hand baggage suitable for placement in the closed overhead rack or under the passenger's seat with maximum dimensions specified by the carrier subject to space availability. Maximum dimensions for one piece are 56cm x 34cm x 23cm and maximum weight 8kg. The size of one carry on item shall not exceed the overall dimensions of 115cm.
Dimensions of Hand-baggage:
The standard allowance per class for domestic and international flights is:
Business Class: 2 Pieces plus 1 slimline laptop bag
Economy Class: 1 Piece plus 1 slimline laptop bag
The following is classified as hand or cabin baggage:
- Handbag, pocket book or purse
- One foldable garment bag (sum of dimensions of 185cm)
- Overcoat, wrap or blanket
- Umbrella or walking stick
- Small camera and/or binoculars
- Reading matter for flight
- Infant food for consumption during the flight
- Infant carry basket/carry cot
- A handicapped passenger may carry the below free of charge, even if it is carried in the aircraft hold:
- 1 Wheelchair (only in the aircraft hold) maximum weight 32 kg.
- 1 Pair of crutches or braces
- 1 Small dialysis machine. For self-use of the passenger (only in aircraft hold)
- 1 Other orthopedic device
- Braces or prosthetic devices (provided passenger is dependent on them)
- Portable PC to be carried in applicable bag. The PC bag may not to be utilized for any other purpose and may not be activated without permission from crew
- Mobile phone (not to be utilized during flight).
Exceptions and Important Need-to-Knows about Hand/Cabin Baggage:
- If passage is on the Lodge-Link services i.e. between Nelspruit/Skukuza and the Sabi Sands/Ngala/Phinda lodges - Cessna Caravan operations, an allowance of 8kg will be permitted provided such is packed in a soft/pliable bag
- When, for operational reasons, there is no space in the cabin to accommodate carry-on items, such items may be carried in the hold of the aircraft.
- The above articles, other than wheelchairs and infant carrying baskets, must be limited to a size which may be conveniently stowed in the aircraft’s cupboard or pod or under the seat in front of the passenger.
- Persons with reduced mobility may carry free of charge one wheelchair and/or other assertive devices upon which they are dependant.
- The standard allowance in Business Class is two pieces of cabin baggage. Economy Class allows for one piece of carry on for domestic and regional flights. This applies to all passengers travelling in Economy Class regardless of their Voyager or other status.
- For through journeys where the passenger travels partly in Business Class and partly in Economy Class, the free hand baggage allowance on each portion of travel shall be that applicable to the class of service for which the fare is paid.
- When an item, which is claimed to be one specified above, does not visibly accord with the relevant description or, if the passenger has more than one piece of hand baggage, it must be mass checked and such mass will be included in the total checked baggage mass.
- Any other articles shall not be carried free, in addition to the free allowance, and the acceptance of such other articles in the passenger cabin must be limited and conform to airline regulations.