REPORTS TO: CREW CHIEF – HEAVY/LINE MAINTENANCE
DIVISION: TECHNICAL SUPPORT - AMO - HEAVY & LINE MAINTENANCE
LOCATION: HANGAR 2, SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS TECHNICAL, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, KEMPTON PARK, JOHANNESBURG AND HANGAR 1, NORTHERN PERIMETER ROAD, OFF ATLAS ROAD, BONAERO PARK, KEMPTON PARK, JOHANNESBURG
Responsible for assisting in the maintenance of a fleet of modern turbine powered aircraft, across all discipline toward completion of candidates On Job Training.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must have completed their 35 week theoretical training at a reputable academy for basic theory and practical training in the avionic trade with a minimum pass mark of 75%.
- Must be unemployed.
- Attuned to engineering and aircrafts with a passion for aviation.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must have a high standard of self-discipline.
- Must hold a valid driver’s licence with own transport.
- Must be able to work on a shift system, particularly night shift.
- Will attend training as and when required to do so.
- The Apprentice will be accountable for all tasks allocated to him by management and the AME. They should ensure the highest quality in work standard.
- The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
- Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
- Accountable for the management of safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations.
- Maintain a fleet of modern turbine powered aircraft, in all discipline.
- Responsible to deliver scheduled tasks and paper trail.
- Working under supervision to assist on line maintenance, snags or inspections,
and on C Checks.
- Responsible to comply with the Company’s Operational Procedures.
- Responsible for applying the knowledge and competence within Scope of
Certificate of Authority.
- Responsible for adhering to maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring their log book is kept up-to-date.
- Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with company standards and
Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Will assist with any additional tasks within the contexts of the job description.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR RECRUITMENT PORTAL: http://airlink.cloudrecruit.io
REFERENCE NUMBER: AAOJT-FS-0619
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED BY NO LATER THAN: MONDAY, 22 JULY 2019
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE SA AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE NOTE:ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION.