REPORTS TO: STORES TEAM LEADER
DIVISION: TECHNICAL SUPPORT – FLEET SUPPORT - STORES & LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT
LOCATION:SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS TECHNICAL, JONES ROAD, HANGAR 2, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, JOHANNESBURG
AND HANGAR 1, NORTHERN PERIMETER ROAD, OFF ATLAS ROAD, BONAERO PARK, KEMPTON PARK, JOHANNESBURG
Picking of parts and consumables within the various areas of stores and between hangars. Delivering of parts / tools to cargo after hours. Controlling, storing, receiving and dispatching of all spares, tooling and consumables within stores as well as the distribution of spares to outstations in accordance with company procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- Must have good knowledge of ABC class parts.
- Must be computer literate, knowledge of TRAX System would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of store receiving and dispatching is essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Will attend training as and when requested to
- Ensure engineer’s request for tooling and stock has been fulfilled as per the procedures layout within stores.
- Accountable to ensure all regulatory and standard operating procedures within scope of responsibility are practiced within the context of the job.
- The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications.
- Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
- Accountable for the management of safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations.
- Picking of requested parts / tools within the various store areas and between hangars.
- Delivering of parts / tools to cargo after hours.
- Controlling of parts: Receiving, storing and dispatching of all items against requisitions and the recording thereof.
- Maintain minimum stock levels by raising stock replenishment requisitions on the computerized system i.e. inventory control on the computer.
- Packing and handling of aircraft spares for outstations and ensuring that all parts are correctly identified as being serviceable at the time of dispatch;
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Weekly inventory control “My Area” checks on parts ensuring correct quantity, serviceable labels and ID labels are attached to all parts with 100% accuracy maintained.
- Liaise with the Rotable controller / Procurement department to ensure that all outstanding requisitions have been processed. In addition constant follow up to determine the EDD’s of the open orders to ensure prompt closure of open requisitions.
- Controlling the issue and return of tools daily and ensure tools that require calibration are still within the calibration date and if not, placed in quarantine.
- Controlling of petrol cards issues and receipts, this includes all matching receipt slips.
- Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with company standards and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
HOW TO APPLY?
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR RECRUITMENT PORTAL:http://airlink.cloudrecruit.io
REFERENCE NUMBER: SM-STO-1218
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED BY NO LATER THAN: TUESDAY, 18 DECEMBER 2018
PLEASE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION