REPORTS TO: CREW CHIEF – LINE & BASE MAINTENANCE
DIVISION:TECHNICAL SUPPORT DEPARTMENT – AMO - LINE & BASE MAINTENANCE
LOCATION: OR TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, JONES ROAD,
SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS TECHNICAL GATE, HANGAR 2.
Maintain a fleet of modern turbine powered aircraft, in all discipline whilst delivering scheduled tasks and paper trail within the outstations maintenance department of the company
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Completed recognised Apprenticeship and holds a relevant trade certificate.
- May hold a valid W-Electrical, Avionic and and/or X-Compass swing SACAA license and appropriate company approval.
- Good Aircraft Maintenance experience.
- CATS & CARS and Human Factors courses.
- Instruments, Electrician and Avionic CAT X courses are a must.
- 3-5 years aircraft maintenance experience of any type is advantageous, with regional airliner experience on company or similar aircraft types being of greatest benefit.
- Experience on the fleet would be an advantage.
- Will attend training as and when instructed to do so.
- Accountable for the correct application of the knowledge and competence applied to all work done within scope of certificate of authority as well as ensuring all work is done only within the scope of certificate of authority.
- Responsible to deliver scheduled tasks and paper trail.
- Must comply with the Company’s Operational Procedures.
- Ensure that all paperwork is up to date and correct according to standard operating procedures.
- The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications.
- Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
- Accountable for the management of safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations.
- All maintenance must be carried out in accordance with all of the relevant instructions, regulations and procedures that have been issued by the company and the Commissioner of Civil Aviation.
- Working independently on heavy maintenance, snags or inspections.
- Responsible for applying the knowledge and competence within Scope of Certificate of Authority.
- Responsible for adhering to maintenance schedules and procedures.
- All maintenance is done in accordance with the company procedures.
- All tools and equipment, including personal tools are clearly marked and listed in the tool and equipment list.
- Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR RECRUITMENT PORTAL: https://flyairlink.scarecrow.co.za
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED BY NO LATER THAN: MONDAY, 25 FEBRUARY 2019
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE SA AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE NOTE:ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION.