REPORTS TO: FLIGHT CREW SUPPORT MANAGER
DIVISION: LOGISTICS FLIGHT OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
LOCATION: S A AIRLINK (PTY) LTD., BUILDING 3, GREENSTONE HILL OFFICE PARK, GREENSTONE EXT 22., EMERALD BOULEVARD, GREENSTONE HILL, MODDERFONTEIN
The Crew Co-ordinator ensures the day to day management of the operational roster.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
2. Effective Human Resource utilization.
3. A good and broad understanding of SACAA (CATS and CARS) Flight Time Limitation legislation.
4. Strong interpersonal skills.
5. Strong communicating skills.
6. Strong negotiation skills.
7. Must be available to work shifts.
8. Must be computer literate on MS Office
9. Must be able to work in a high pressure environment as part of a team.
10. Will attend training as and when required to do so
1. The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
2. Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
3. Accountable for the management of safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations.
1. Daily management of the crew roster, including the operations management system and any re-organizing require as a result of a change in the schedule, inclusive of training duties.
2. Make changes to accommodation and aircrew-positioning as well as car hire bookings as required.
3. Generate and submit aircrew S&T and Flight Pay Reports and assist flight crew with their leave requirements, crew swaps and keep record of sick leave taken.
4. Capturing long term leave in Resource Planning Manager in Geneva.
5. Support OCC in the event of irregular operations, in accordance with Rostering policy and CATS & CARS.
6. Submit daily report with regards to Training and other activities to Management.
7. Morning shift to ensure that all duties are covered and all required standby numbers are met for the next day.
8. Submit the Advanced Passenger Processing (APP) to Home Affairs daily for on duty and off duty crew that are being repositioned.
9. Will also act as relief for Roster Clerks and Crew Co-ordinators (shift working). It will also be required that he/she must work at the Crew Co-ordinators’ desk whenever needed.
10. Working shifts and is responsible to ensure that all duties for crew are covered before departing from work at night.
11. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
12. Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: LOUIS GOUS
ONLY REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED AS SUBJECT: CC-LFO-0518
APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: MONDAY, 21 MAY 2018
PLEASE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION.