REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER - CLEANING
DIVISION: CLEANING DEPARTMENT – JOHANNESBURG
LOCATION: SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS TECHNICAL, HANGAR 2, JONES
ROAD, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,
JOHANNESBURG AND AIRLINK HANGAR, BONAERO DRIVE,
KEMPTON PARK, JOHANNESBURG.
Supervise the cleaning process in order to provide an aircraft and facility cleaning service. To supervise, monitor and ensure the cleaning personnel carry out a cleaning function of Airlink’s facilities and its aircrafts in accordance with the applicable aircraft maintenance and cleaning procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- National diploma in supervision or business management course
- Must have a driver’s licence (code 10).
- Must be computer literate and able to use basic spreadsheets or able to learn new software/programs as opportunities or department needs arise.
- Ability to understand the cleaning environment.
- Must be willing to work on a shift basis.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must have leadership ability.
- Able to organise and monitor a team.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be able to read, understand and convey instructions.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to motivate others.
- Must be able to apply logic.
- Will attend training as and when required to do so.
- Ensure that the highest level of cleaning service to Airlink is maintained.
- Ensure that the conditions set within the SLA with Airlink are maintained.
- Ensure that the team obeys, and adheres to all instructions given.
- Ensure all required records and daily or weekly reports are completed and submitted.
- Ensuring on-time performance as per scheduled roster or as required by Airlink.
- Ensuring correct wear and care of the company uniform.
- The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications.
- Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
- Accountable for the management of aviation safety and security in their area of responsibility and accountability.
- Responsible to supervise and coordinate a team of Cleaners.
- Monitor quality of service provided by staff on a regular basis and ensure the team is reaching targets as set in the SLA. The supervision of all cleaning staff focusing on their performance in terms of standards of cleanliness and their behaviour whilst on duty.
- Inspect all work completed by the cleaning team.
- Transport cleaning teams to the aircraft or areas requiring cleaning.
- Serve as point person for customers and management to minimise or eliminate potential delays.
- Ensure all handover reports are completed.
- Dealing with customer complaints or comebacks.
- Ensure housekeeping functions are carried out before the end of each shift.
- Obey and ensure that the team obeys the instructions given by the company supervisor and manager. This includes Airlink’s crew chief, chief inspector and executive manager.
- Acting and working in line with the company mission.
- Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR RECRUITMENT PORTAL: http://airlink.cloudrecruit.io
REFERENCE NUMBER: CS-ACS- 1118
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED BY NO LATER THAN: FRIDAY, 23 NOVEMBER 2018
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE SA AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE NOTE:ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION.