REPORTS TO: ORDER CENTRE MANAGER
DIVISION:TECHNICAL SUPPORT – FLEET SUPPORT - STORES & LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT
LOCATION: SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS TECHNICAL, JONES ROAD, HANGAR 2, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, JOHANNESBURG
AND HANGAR 1, NORTHERN PERIMETER ROAD, OFF ATLAS ROAD, BONAERO PARK, KEMPTON PARK, JOHANNESBURG
The purpose of this post is to research, evaluate and procure the needs of the organisation, within the confines of a defined set of procedures. In doing so, the procurement of goods and services shall meet industry and/or company specific regulatory standards which are to be procured from suitably approved vendors.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Must hold an appropriate undergraduate degree or, in lieu of this qualification, possess a Grade 12 certificate coupled with +3 years’ prior job related experience together with a credible supportive reference.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Will attend training as and when required to do so.
- Responsible for the procurement of all supplies within scope of authority whilst ensuring stock is available when needed.
- Through constant monitoring, the procurement officer is required to ensure the organisation’s demands are met effectively (producing the required result), efficiently (by preventing delays) and economically (at the best possible price).
- Periodic forensic audit and reviews of the incumbent shall be done (relative to the characteristics of Job) and the incumbent shall unequivocally comply with such audit(s).
- The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications.
- Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
- Accountable for the management of safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations.
- Actively monitor all unattended requisitions / requirements with the intent to proactively reduce the internal elements of the procurement cycle.
- Actively monitor all open purchase orders with the intent to proactively meet the required procurement lead time and to reduce the external elements of the procurement cycle.
- Work closely with internal warehouse stakeholders to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products promptly and arrange suitable corrective actions with the supply vendor.
- The following Key Performance Measures shall be fundamental towards the strategic success of the organization and shall be reported by the incumbent:
- Weekly order book status report;
- Month-end overdue orders;
- Monthly performance metrics (against benchmark lead times);
- Month-end matching of fulfilled purchase orders to vendor invoices;
- Monthly cost avoidances.
- Maintain the currency and validity of the ‘Approval Suppliers List’ database.
- Assist during warehouse stocktaking.
- Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
- Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
HOW TO APPLY?
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR RECRUITMENT PORTAL: http://airlink.cloudrecruit.io
REFERENCE NUMBER: PO-STO-1218
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED BY NO LATER THAN: THURSDAY, 13 DECEMBER 2018
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE SA AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE NOTE:ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION.