REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
DIVISION: OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: WAREHOUSE 14-17, FOREIGN AIRLINE CARGO INTERNATIONAL, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
To ensure that all Airlink flights are catered accordingly and on time and any other duties which the Operations Supervisor may allocate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
2. Must hold a valid driver’s licence.
3. Computer literacy (MS Office, internet & email).
4. Numerically literate
5. Good communication skills (written and spoken)
6. Must be willing to work shifts, weekends and public holidays
7. Must be able to lift 50 kg`s unassisted.
8. Will attend training as and when required to do so
1. Accountable for ensuring that uplift orders are placed with suppliers.
2. Accountable for daily stock taking to ensure minimum stock levels are met.
3. The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
4. Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
5. Accountable for the management of safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations.
1. Ensure that uplift orders are placed with the suppliers as per our procedures.
2. Ensure that all flights for the next day are checked and handed to the packers for packing.
3. Ensure that all uplift bins are packed correctly (as per the specs and aircraft type), and sealed.
4. Ensure that all drawers and bins are scanned into the Catering system
5. Ensure that all bins are scanned to a driver, and flight number and aircraft registration
6. Ensure that a recon is done nightly on all drawers and bins scanned out for the day
7. Ensure that all paper work is completed daily and handed to the drivers.
8. Ensure that all flights are catered correctly and timeously.
9. Ensure that all admin work is kept up to date.
10.Ensure that all returns are noted correctly and captured in the system before end of shift.
11.Ensure that all flights are cleared of excess/return catering by the drivers and returned to the stock room.
12.Ensure that all aircraft swaps, bay swaps, technical aircraft, etc are communicated to the drivers.
13.Ensure that a stock take it done daily and uploaded into the Catering System.
14.Ensure that all paper work is completed correctly by the drivers and discrepancies noted and dealt with immediately.
15.Ensure work area is kept neat and tidy at all times.
16.Ensure that all catering equipment (jugs, ice buckets, ice tongs, etc.) is washed daily and returned to the shelves
17.Ensure that all new stock that is received is counted, and packed into the shelves/crates immediately.
18.Ensure that ice and lemons are delivered daily and signed for
19.Ensure that there is enough lemons and ice on hand for daily consumption
20.Ensure that a cleaner comes in twice a day to clean floors, walls, desks, cups, etc.
21.Ensure that all open liquid stock that is returned from flights (juice, wine, water etc.) is dumped into a container and disposed of correctly.
22.Ensure that stocked packed for flights is not expired
23.Ensure that all dry stock in packed according to the packing list
24.Assist on the ramp, if needed
25.Assist with other duties that the Operations Supervisor may allocate.
26.Give excellent internal and external Customer Service
27. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
28. Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: JOHAN VAN NIEKERK
ONLY REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED AS SUBJECT: SC-AC- 0718
APPLICATIONS TO BE EMAILED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: FRIDAY, 20 JULY 2018
PLEASE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION