REPORTS TO: SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST/PROJECT MANAGER
DIVISION: IT DEPARTMENT
LOCATION: S A AIRLINK (PTY) LTD., TERMINAL B, 4TH FLOOR, SOUTH WING, O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, JOHANNESBURG.
To provide application support and business together with some systems analysis functions to the Airlink AMO business areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- Three years in a Junior BA role in an airline Maintenance Organisation environment.
- Relevant Business Analyst qualification or QBE (Qualification based on Experience)
- Enjoy working as part of a team;
- Management of customer relationships;
- Time management and personal organisation skills;
- Analytical and conceptual expertise;
- Planning, documentation, analysis and business requirements management techniques;
- Testing, verification and validation techniques;
- Administrative and reporting abilities;
- Creation of Business Requirements Document – BRD;
- Knowledge of business processes, particularly in an airline environment;
- Improvement of business processes;
- Business writing;
- Communication of technical information to a non-technical audience and vice versa, i.e. communication of non-technical information to a technical audience;
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, emphasis on troubleshoot issues within an airline MRO facility;
- Quick learner who possesses effective time management: the ability to multitask, prioritise, demonstrate excellent organizational skills, and attention to detail are a must
- Will attend training as and when required to do so.
- Source, evaluate and compare new I.T. products to enhance the Business-line product offering.
- Develop functional and technical expertise in all aspects of Airlink’s MRO software solutions;
- Maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of carrying out duties and adhere to IT-related legislation;
- In order to deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above;
- Make suggestions to improve the working situation within own area of work and the IT department as a whole;
- The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
- Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
- Accountable for the management of safety risks and security threats to aircraft operations.
- Facilitation of business workshops;
- Supporting users in preparation of user procedures and user acceptance testing;
- Assisting in finding innovative solutions to user requirements;
- Involvement in IT projects from the understanding and analysis of requirements, review of design and post implementation support following implementation;
- To be aware of industry regulations and legislation that may affect the business use of IT solutions;
- Assist business where required in formulating Functional Specifications of their requirements;
- Assist in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of IT solutions.
4.2 APPLICATION AND SYSTEMS SUPPORT
- Handle software-related requests for assistance (problems). Answer, resolve, and log in-bound customer calls, identify issues, and provide suggestions and long-term resolutions;
- Troubleshoot software and identify root causes of software problems;
- Obtain and log customer feedback for the purpose of process improvement;
- Provide application support to users;
- Investigate and analyse system issues to determine cause of issues and appropriate corrective action;
- Design and participate in the delivery of system developments and enhancements ensuring that changes are delivered to budget, timescales and specification and that divisional, quality and industry standards are met;
- Provide system knowledge and consultancy for divisional and cross-divisional projects ensuring that business process requirements are met and best practice is achieved;
- Review and recommend continuous improvement of the systems and support processes;
- Document technical information and processes for existing and newly developed functionality to provide suitable and up-to-date system support where required;
- Maintain data quality and integrity within the system
- Provide clear, professional, informative and appropriate communication to colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Carry out system maintenance tasks and processes to agreed schedules;
- Escalate and follow up on system issues with SaaS Supplier’s Application Engineers
4.3 Airlink is a 24/7 environment and therefore it will be necessary to participate in an ‘on call’ arrangement, and some out of hours work may be required;
4.4 Required to travel as per business demands.
4.5 Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
4.6 Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description.
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE REGISTER ON OUR RECRUITMENT PORTAL:http://airlink.cloudrecruit.io
REFERENCE NUMBER: ASBA – IT - 0319
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED BY NO LATER THAN: WEDNESDAY, 20 MARCH 2019
PLEASE TAKE NOTE: PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE SA AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE NOTE:ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORT LISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION.