Requirements for Domestic and Regional Travel during Covid19 More Details
Checked or Hold Baggage
Airlink applies the weight concept. The general free baggage allowance on Airlink flights is 20 kg in Economy Class and 30 kg in Business Class per adult passenger.
Children & Infants paying at least 75% of the adult fare are entitled to the same baggage allowance as adults.
Infants not entitled to a seat shall only be permitted 10 kg of checked-in baggage in addition to one collapsible pram/buggy and one infant car seat.
Size & Weight of Checked-In Baggage
The maximum total dimensions of any one piece of baggage permitted where travel is wholly on the services of Airlink flight (including handle, wheels and pockets) is 207cm. Bulky items may also be carried up to maximum dimensions of 190cm + 75cm + 65cm (including handle, wheels and pockets) but may incur an excess baggage charge if the free baggage allowance is exceeded.
The maximum permitted weight of any one piece of checked luggage is 32 kg.
Any item exceeding the above dimensions may be booked as Cargo through the following channels:
Airlink CARGO or [email protected] . For more information regarding Cargo please visit https://www.airlinkcargo.co.za/ +27 10 880 3632/3
To ensure that bags fit the dimensions of the conveyor belts, ACSA has stipulated the following dimensions:
The sizes do not include the items that form part of sporting equipment / fragile items.
Dimensions of Checked or Hold Baggage
The maximum total dimensions of any one piece of baggage permitted where travel is wholly on the services of Airlink flight (including handle, wheels and pockets) is 207cm.
Free Baggage Allowance – Checked Baggage - Weight Concept
|Passenger||Route||Type of Baggage|
|Adults and Children (aged 2 years and older)||Between South Africa and Ndola, Lusaka, Bulawayo, Harare||Any number of pieces with weight limits.|
40 kg Business Class
30 kg Economy Class.
|Adults and Children (aged 2 years and older)||All other Airlink flights||Any number of pieces with weight limits.|
30 kg Business Class
20 kg Economy Class.
|Infants (under the age of 2)||All Airlink flights||Any number of pieces with weight limits of 10 kg plus one collapsible pram or buggy and one infant car seat.|
Read the below checked or hold baggage exceptions:
- If passage is between Johannesburg and Nosy Be, Madagascar an allowance of 20 kg only will be permitted per adult passenger Note: Sporting Equipment can only form part of the free baggage allowance and no excess baggage will be permitted
- If passage is on the Lodge-Link services i.e. between Nelspruit / Skukuza and the Sabi Sands / Ngala / Phinda lodges – Cessna Caravan operations, an allowance of 20 kg only will be permitted per adult passenger provided such is packed in a soft/pliable ba
- If passage is between South Africa and Harare / Bulawayo / Lusaka / Ndola where an allowance of 30 kg in Economy Class and 40 kg in Business class applies per adult passenger
- If passage is between Harare / Bulawayo / Lusaka / Ndola where an allowance of 30 kg in Economy Class and 40 kg in Business class applies per adult passenger
- If you are flying on a single-contract/interline no-stop ticket connecting with any Other Carrier Regional or International flight where the baggage allowance of the most significant carrier will reflect on your ticket (If passage is on separate-contract
- If you are flying on a single contract/interline ticket on an approved interline partner airline where the applicable airline’s allowance will reflect on your ticket
Important Need-to Knows
MSC – Most Significant Carrier – Interline tickets – IATA Resolution 302 refers if you purchase a ticket which is wholly on the services of Airlink, Airlink’s baggage policy will apply.
If you purchase an interline no-stop ticket involving more than one carrier, the baggage policy of the MSC will apply per direction of travel i.e. the first international carrier per direction.
The MSC policy will apply only if a through-check is possible – i.e. no night stop or stopover is permitted. However, the MSC policy is applied according to the ticket construction, so even if a passenger travelling on a “non-stop” ticket is required to clear luggage at first point of entry in South Africa, the luggage may be considered as “through-checked” in respect of the allowance.
Hold space restrictions on Airlink aircraft due to the nature of the smaller airports which Airlink serves with medium-size aircraft, hold space may be restricted on full flights and/or in certain weather conditions.
In such instances Airlink will do all possible to load all hold baggage but, in the interest of operational safety, may opt to carry some baggage on the next available flight to your destination. Extra baggage may also be carried at an additional charge. However, this may not guarantee that the baggage is carried on the same flight on which you travel, under the afore-mentioned circumstances.