REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS CONTROL CENTRE SHIFT MANAGER
DIVISION: FLIGHT OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT - OPERATIONS CONTROL CENTRE
LOCATION: O R TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Flight Following Officer means maintaining current information on the progress of the flight and monitoring all factors and conditions that might affect the OFP. Meteorological information provided to the PIC by the FOO may include analysis or interpretation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
2. Private Pilot’s License (PPL) will be an advantage and previous aviation experience will be an advantage.
3. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to stay focused during any irregular operation, written communication, administration and computer skills are minimum requirements for the incumbent.
4. Must be able to work in a high pressure environment as part of a team
5. Have a broad understanding of CATS/CARS, AIP/AIC and the S A Airlink Operations Manual.
6. Knowledge of the DCS, CM and FM systems.
7. Must be proficient in English for purposes of radio communication.
8. Must be in position of a valid radio license (VHF).
9. Will attend training as and when required to do so
1. Accountable for maintaining current information on the progress of the flight and monitoring all factors and conditions that might affect the OFP.
2. The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications;
3. Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
4. Accountable for aviation safety and security in their area of responsibility and accountability
1. On-time functioning of the airline and maintaining Company interests at all times, monitoring the progress of each flight from the point of origin to the final destination, including intermediate stops.
2. Coordinating all Airport Service supporting Company aircraft on the ground at recognized bases to ensure on-time/punctual departure.
3. Coordinating daily flying activities and relying all information necessary for the safe conduct of flight as per the Company SOP.
4. Advising crews of flight assignments and ensuring sign-on at the prescribed time
5. Brief crew regarding flight particulars.
6. Ensuring all flight documentations is completed and Fuel has been captured in Geneva.
7. Maintaining the flight following/watch log.
8. Weather analysis, monitoring and relaying to the crew if necessary.
9. Updating flight movements and schedule information in the operations management system (Geneva), filling the voyage reports and performing any additional administrative duties as required.
10. Operations of radio on company frequency, telephone and other communication equipment.
11. Load determination if required.
12. Coordinating operations drivers.
13. Notifying relevant officers on receipt of any notification of an accident/incident report.
14. Supporting OCC in the event of irregular operations, an accident or incident as outlined in the company’s alarm notification procedure.
15. Flight following (movement times must be updated within 30 min. of scheduled time, unless flight is delayed).
16. Filling of after flight, flight documentation.
17. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
18. Will assist with any additional tasks within the context of the job description
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF: FRANCOIS HORN / NEWBY VAN ECK
REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED: FFO - OCC - 1114
APPLICATIONS TO BE FAXED / EMAILED TO: 0864050201 / firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: FRIDAY, 28 NOVEMBER 2014
PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
To apply for any positions at Airlink, please download and fill in the Airlink Job Application Form. This must be sent along with your CV to the fax number as indicated on the relevant advertisement.